[SML] powder pigment

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Tue May 24 21:46:40 UTC 2016

Ask others not on list?

Bob Moody retired from Brandeis in 2014.   He's been a scenic artist since the 1960's....and  was teaching at Brandeis for 40 years or more.   He might have documentation?
Artists at the MET?  check with scenic artists of 829?
Jenny Knott at Rosco.?...no not a Rosco product but she was painting before working for Rosco and might have some ideas.
Howard Jones at UNCSA?
Rachel Keebler at Colbalt  Studios....if she doesn't know she might well know who does.
People at the Studio and Forum of Scenic Arts ----------no...... not the old Lester Polakov Studio although if you know anyone that went there they might know something?
Anybody that painted for Bob Benstead in Kansas City or at Taos (Santa Fe Opera back in the 60s-70s?    He used powdered pigment.
Susan Crabtree...wrote the scenic art history book....and is a painter
Karen Maness..scenic artist U Texas Austin...younger than  most of the above but her book on Scenic backdrops for the movies will be out in Nov..she might know  or have a  resource for you.

DickA
TD, Cornell U....old enough to have used all that powdered stuff...but not have used  it enough to be dead because of it