[SML] MIG Welders

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Sat Nov 5 14:12:18 UTC 2016

On 11/5/2016 4:24 AM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft wrote:

> Get the gas tank and go MIG. Yes, you can weld fluxcore without, but
> you'll weld thicker metal more efficiently with gas than without. Plus
> you'll spend an hour cleaning the spatter up after welding flux. Gas is
> much cleaner.

True enough about the spatter - get some "Anti Spatter" spray or use Pam
kitchen spray around the weld area and the spatter brushes away. It's a
vegetable oil spray that burns right off the weld line and doesn't
contaminate the weld (if that's important to you).

Also I'd second Richards suggestion of having a certified welder do
anything that has life safety implications.

Carla