[SML] Ubuntu 16.04

Steven Hood shood_td at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 22 19:11:42 UTC 2016

Can your Ubuntu machine store the EDID of the monitor? Can you put a device
in line between your KVM and the Ubuntu machine that will hold the EDID for
you?
I use an Extron DP Distribution Amp to give my ProPresenter operator a
monitor that mirrors what they're sending to our video switcher. That DA
holds the EDID, so it re-syncs nicely when we shut the system off for days
when we're dark.
Hth,
Steven R Hood