[SML] Rigging calculation question...

Brian Munroe brian at themunroes.com
Wed Oct 5 23:07:02 UTC 2016

This is an indeterminate load and virtually impossible to easily calculate accurate loads-per-point.  Load cells would be your best bet.

A rough starting point (and I mean very rough) might be to discard the outer two motors from your calculations and then use a uniformly distributed load of the wall and truss weight on a four point system.  Remember that, as Bill said, the inner points will have a majority of the weight.  Using the percentages from Jay Glerum’s book for line sets, you would see .113 on the outer motors (of four) and .367 on the inner motors.  Again this is very rough.

Why a 70’ truss for a 44’ load?  Also being used as a cable bridge?