[SML] ZuTA Printer

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 15 04:58:42 UTC 2016

I too, suspect that they have run into technical problems, and maybe the problems are insurmountable.  Note that they have never said they can do larger paper, and all the demos have been letter sized. And a traditionally styled portable inkjet printer is not that large and can automatically do sheet feeding. So, unless SuTA were to add large sheet capability, I just don't see an advantage to it.

I think we have all been longing for a low-cost way to put out large prints for a very long time.  But, nothing has really panned out to be viable.

Perhaps almost 30 years ago, I remember seeing a portable pen plotter.  It had a horizontal beam, perhaps 34" long.  Then the vertical beam was around 24" long, and had the pen holder on it.  It was demonstrated attached to a wall, but I don't recall how they attached it.  I never saw one of them again after that demonstration.  It was fairly slow moving, so that may have been the thing that killed it.

-Joe