[SML] Advancing development of a new flash for antique cameras

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Tue Oct 25 03:14:33 UTC 2016

Not intentionally.

On medium overloads it will start shifting to blue as the UV emitter
overpowers the phosphor or quantum dots used to create the white light.
White LEDs are cheap, easy enough to try it.

Here's a 3 Watt flashlight "bulb", you might be able to pulse that at
normal brightness and have enough.  Could parallel a couple.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashlight-bulbs/3-watt-flashlight-bulb-pr2-3whp-x/638/

There's also LED flashlights, very slight hacking should allow them to
be pulsed.  Here's a 700 lumen one
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/handheld-flashlights/led-flashlight-nebo-seven-z-with-flex-power/2467/5726/

There's tons others on the market.