[SML] Blue lighting, somewhat OT.

illuminati500 illuminati500 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 16:13:30 UTC 2016

Blue LED is rather different from any other light source: it is extremely energetic and has strange effects on the retina. Like UV light, The automatic brightness reduction  (the bleaching of the visual purple or Rhodopsin) does not happen so much at that end of the spectrum, and also the iris function is not triggered quite as rapidly. There is also some research to show that it is very bad for the body as a whole, and MAY  increase your chances of getting cataracts and maybe cancer. This is why you should never look directly at Blue LED. So your theories may be correct.