[SML] Pelican luggage

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 05:26:31 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 1:03 AM, Jared Fortney via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Has anyone taken the plunge on Pelican luggage yet? I'm on the hunt for a
> replacement for my Rolling Thunder duffel bags. One review I read said the
> 27" case will store inside the 30" case. A handy feature in a small hotel
> room, if true. Other recommendations for tour luggage welcome as well.

I looked at it, and the purple trim was inviting, but decided that the
weight and case wall thickness was too much of an issue; I can pack
more by volume in my 30" Briggs & Riley Torq hardside, and it also
ends up weighing less than the Pelican box does - my 30" Torq weighs
13 lbs, the Pelican BA-30 weighs almost 20 lbs. and has a smaller
interior space...

This is an important issue if you're responsible for your own
overweight charges, however if your tour company handles all
luggage-related expenses (lucky you!), it may not matter.

My recommendation is obviously Briggs & Riley in general and their
Torq hardsides in particular. My 30-inch spinner has survived (and
that's the correct word) four tours now, and it looks it, but the case
has retained its watertight integrity, and I'm still on the original
wheels, even! Plus you can probably find it cheaper than the Pelican
Elite stuff.

--
Dave Vick
Flyman, "Annie" In Asia 2016