[SML] Blue lighting, somewhat OT.

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 18:38:30 UTC 2016

Magenta is Magic.

Snip the linear spectrum band near where infrared becomes visible red and
near where blue becomes invisible ultraviolet.

There is no Magenta.
 It does not physically exist as a monochromatic color.

Roll up that snipped spectrum to make a Color Wheel,
 so the near-infrared end blends with the near-ultraviolet other end.

Magenta is in that gap / splice area.

It's an exciting color, difficult for some tasks (like reading),
and can be headache-inducing,
 because  the human eye senses and focuses red differently from blue,
and the brain sometimes has difficulty processing the mixed signals.

Oh, and it's one of my favorite colors !

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM, gbierly via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> > Anyone else having a similar response?
>
> Since the advent of LED Christmas lights I have noticed that red and blue
> shift quite differently in my peripheral vision through my lenses.
> (polycarbonate w/anti glare coating and no tint)  I have not noticed what
> you mentioned from a single light source but with adjacent blue and red
> leds, they "move" at different rates as I turn my head.  Not debilitating
> but it does throw things off kilter a bit.
>
> Greg Bierly
> Performing Arts Center Manager
> Hempfield High School

...Dan Sheehan