[SML] neon signage

gbierly at dejazzd.com gbierly at dejazzd.com
Thu Sep 15 18:42:39 UTC 2016

On Sep 15, 2016, at 8:02 AM, Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

I know we've been here before, but
doing "The Great American Trailer Park Musical",
director/designer wants neon "Armadillo Acres" sign,
so I'm interested in affordable ways to simulate neon signage,
or availability of such a sign someone may already have.
TIA

I did a production two years ago with led tape hot glued to the back of red PEX tubing and it looked great.  I did find Lowes had PEX tubing in both an opaque and a translucent variety.  I also used some air line in a translucent clear.  I am sure RGB tape as opposed to white would have allowed me some color flexibility but I only needed single color and it kept the whole project very economical.  I had looked into Non-Neon and is minimal labor to what I posted above and it look amazing but it isn't very budget friendly.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School