[SML] Blue lighting, somewhat OT.

Lou Poppler loupoppler at cableone.net
Sun Sep 18 17:58:47 UTC 2016

----- Jon Ares via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Dan Sheehan via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> > There is no Magenta.
> >  It does not physically exist as a monochromatic color.
>

> Here's quicky video describing/demonstrating it....
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9dqJRyk0YM
>
> (It's a video I also use in my classes.)
>
> Pink sheep is actually minus-green sheep.

This is a feature most of us squints and LDs have come upon from
the different angles of mixing light with Red,Green,Blue sources,
as opposed to dichroic filters unmixing Yellow,Cyan,Magenta.

It made more theoretical sense to me when I started learning about
engineering NTSC video (I know, strictly an old-fart curiosity now).

When white balancing, the vector-scope view of color bars basicly
has six hot spots, spaced even around a circle.  Blue is opposite
of Yellow, and you can tweak linearly from too Blue, through a mix,
on through correct B/Y [necessary for correct white], and on to too Yellow.
Similarly, Green is opposite of Magenta, and Red is opposite of Cyan.

--the old truckloader, Lou