[SML] Theater Architects

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:45:08 UTC 2016

I believe it can be a positive relationship whether the theatre
consultant is contracted to the Owner or architect.  I simply focus on
the what I believe to be the Owner's best interest, and find that may
to varying degrees coincide or not coincide with the priorities and
preferences of the owner, administration, faculty, staff, student, or
architect. I've never not found ways to get information and my
opinions to any party involved.  Certainly there is more than one
architect that probably won't call me again, but that is fine because
life is too short to be forced to do bad work and be silent about it.

I do feel that the owner's representatives ought to have a say in both
the theatre and acoustical consultant, and not be forced to work with
whomever an architect chooses.  There are multiple courses of action
to achieve that.
--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC