[SML] video card question

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Wed Apr 5 20:33:51 UTC 2017

I'm seeing an oddity with my video, before I buy a new card I want to
check if I'm missing something.

Windows 7 pro 64 bit
Radeon HD 6450 card using VGA output
Monitor flat panel 1680x1050

Windows has started saying doesn't detect a monitor but the AMD control
center identifies it correctly.  If I set the resolution above 1400x1050
I get a distorted screen (scan lines folding back).

I tried reseating the card and made sure the latest driver is loaded.
Their gaming software is installed since they whine and cry if you
don't, but it doesn't start up (no games on any of these systems).

I tried the monitor on a Linux system and a Mac and it works at the
1680x1050 with no problem on both of them.

This HAD been working on this Windows system for some time now.

Any thoughts?

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com