[SML] Flooring material

gbierly gbierly at dejazzd.com
Fri Apr 7 18:18:00 UTC 2017

> On Apr 7, 2017, at 1:50 PM, Bernard, Michael via Stagecraft <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> looking for recommendations for stage flooring material.  Contractor want to use masonite, the University is thinking something thicker and more durable.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

Are you going to paint it at all?  If so stick with tempered hardboard (Maso) it is cheap, relatively durable, and paintable.  If you aren’t planning on painting the floor there are a lot of products that were just discussed like Plyron or Stagelam that have a surface with color the whole way through.  If I didn’t paint our deck for each show I would certainly look at something like those.

Greg Bierly
Performing Arts Center Manager
Hempfield High School