[SML] UWM theatre fire

Stuart Wheaton sdwheaton at fuse.net
Thu Apr 13 18:16:21 UTC 2017

A stack of plywood or a rack of 2x4's are not going to burn nearly as
easily as a pile of sawdust, fluff, and shavings.  You need air and
surface area to burn, though the lumber might burn eventually, you need
kindling to start a fire.

In my experience, fire retardant is added after the scenery is
constructed, usually in the paint stage.  I would not want to mill or
cut lumber soaked with flame retardant chemicals all day long in the shop.

I agree with Jerry, Smoke/ heat sensors and Sprinklers need to be looked
at.

Stuart