[SML] Vintage Drops Available?

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Thu Apr 13 21:37:43 UTC 2017

Looks like many of those are cut drops. Having helped rescue a few old
drops when a local movie/vaudeville house was bought by the city some
years ago, I can tell  you they don't hold up well when folded; the
ancient paint tends to crack and dust, and it's almost impossible to get
the creases out. Seems like there ought to be a theatrical museum or
preservation group out there somewhere with the will and facilities to
store the rolls...

There's a complete catalog of the drops, legs, etc., with information
about the condition of each one, at
https://www.cityofwinona.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Backdrops-Drop-Details-for-Public-Meeting.pdf

That's a pretty remarkable resource in and of itself...

--
Pat Kight