[SML] 3D printer

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sat Apr 15 06:30:19 UTC 2017

On 04/14/2017 11:21 PM, Jon Ares via Stagecraft wrote:

> Sadly, it doesn't exist anymore.  :(  They killed it off a few months ago....

For historical reasons (competitive upgrade from AutoCAD WAAAAAY back in
the early days of Windows) I use TurboCAD Pro.  Not perfect but works.
I upgrade every 1-2 years depending on customer projects.

I then suck the DXF file into Simplify3D and slice it there for the
delta or the new not-a-Prusa. The two Afinia printers have a proprietary
slicer so I use that for them (no choice). Occasionally I've had to use
MeshLab to fix up a model, but that's normally only ones I've gotten
from someone else.  I did find that Simplify3D will fill in all the
holes on your model if you tick the wrong combination of options.

If I'm not doing 3D printing I suck the DXF into SheetCAM and use that
to generate the g-code for one of the CNC cutting machines here (CNC
mill and CNC router).

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com