[SML] Firefox language

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Fri Apr 21 13:37:59 UTC 2017

For quite some time I've had a problem with FireFox and Pale Moon
picking the wrong spell-check language every time I open it.  I finally
found out that setting the dictionary language is only a suggestion,
it's a long-standing bug with no assignment to being fixed that it can
freely ignore that.

Then I found a sort-of fix was added a while back but you need to know
about it and manually apply it. The fix is another directive that tells
it to really do this instead of "please, if it's not too much trouble".

In *about:config*, add *spellchecker.dictionary.override* with the text
*en_US* or whatever language you would like to lock it into.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com