[SML] Gel colors for Sweeney Todd

illuminati500 illuminati500 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 16:26:28 UTC 2017

I think that your director says “harsh” but you use the words “Fleet Street Murky” which are two different things really. To me harsh means point source lighting on the one hand to give hard shadows and not much light or alternatively, a completely even and unremitting wash such as you might get from a bank of fluorescent strips. Murky, on the other hand is dark and  monochromatic which you might get from some SOX low pressure sodium lights. You get that genuine street lights effect. As an alternative you could use a bare lamp like a ghost light to make deep black shadows and little to make the foreground stand out from the background