[SML] Source 4 Power and LED Cabling

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 19:20:20 UTC 2017

Dear Wayne,
CAT6 STP is a good choice, instead of 110 ohm Belden DMX cable which is
often used. Also, you can thread up to 6 runs of cable in 1/2" EMT conduit
for less EMR inductance, and terminate them all on 1 single gang plate.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Wayne Rasmussen via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> My school is in the process of constructing a new classroom building.  It
> will have a space capable of holding 150 or so that will occasionally be
> used for a speaker/small panel.  We'd like to install several S4 LED as
> performance lighting.  I'm not very familiar with the guts of how lighting
> is installed...
>
> 1. How many units can be powered on a single 20 amp circuit?
> 2. I've been told some relays will be necessary to turn the units
> completely off when not being used, rather than simply turning them down
> to zero.  True?
> 3. Since the power cables may be somewhat near to the DMX at certain
> points other than at their terminations, is there some shielded DMX we
> should use?  Installers in this building will not have any experience with
> DMX cable and we will need to be specific about what to use and how to use
> it.
> 4. Are there wall panels that will be able to run these S4 with some
> simple programs?  We'd also like the capability to plug in a board to run
> the lights.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne Rasmussen
> Blair Academy