[SML] Source 4 Power and LED Cabling

Michael Sauder michael.sauder at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 14:39:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:00 AM, David Fox via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> This means that if a fixture normally consumes let's say 5 amps, when you
first turn it on it may consume up to 50 amps for those first > few cycles.
Some fixtures even run this high inrush for several seconds.

I knew it would be higher, but.. 10X higher? I wouldn't have guessed that.

A possibly silly, clueless idea - would it be possible to have some kind of
bootstrapping circuitry that would have a random or defined wait time
before fully powering on? So your chain of 10 lights don't all turn on at
the same cycle, but spread out over 30 or whatever cycles.

--
Michael Sauder
Show Control Programming and Design
Email: michael.sauder at gmail.com