[SML] Theatre-in-the-Round Productions

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Tue Apr 25 15:39:30 UTC 2017

Given that each of these productions that follow will present their own
specific production challenges, each of these listed was produced
in-the-round in our square black box space with a 21-foot x 21-foot playing
area that often used low platforming in various configurations. In all
cases, access to the playing space was gained through one of four doors set
in the corners of the room.  16-foot to the ceiling/lighting hanging
positions. University undergraduate BA & BFA programs with about 170 majors
generally.

Under Milkwood (I've seen this in at least 4 other ITR versions), On The
Verge, Art, Eleemosynary, Angels In America, Pts. 1 & 2 (in rep for an
extended run), American Buffalo, Hay Fever, The Bacchae, Nonsense, Mad
Forest, Les Liaison Dangereues, Glass Menagerie, Aunt Raini.

The list could go on and on. YMMV of course.
Good luck,
Steve

Stephen E. Rees
Emeritus Professor of Theatre