[SML] Pipe Unit Numbering for Corporate Event Plots

John Palmer johndpalmer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 26 21:37:08 UTC 2017

Hi Scott,
I have taken to using the channel number and dimmer in the body of the fixture.  When a truss gets very congested as with double hung PRT, I prefer to have the channel over the Unit #.  I started doing the same with the conventional theater plots, just so I wasn't using two different legends while working with the same crew.
Everything still gets an instrument number.  In fact, I export Purpose, Color, Pos, & Unit # and import it into the console database.  That way when I have a fixture out, I can get Pos, Unit, and Dimmer from the console without referencing plot or Lightwright.
When I get plots, I get all different styles of information or lack there of.
For my $.02, the crew you are working with are the problem not your plot.  There is no cure for stupid.
John