[SML] photo etching

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 10:12:14 UTC 2017

back when I had a day job, I did laser trimming of integrated circuits

the wavelength, focus, and lunar phase of the laser
had to coordinate with the workpiece material layer stackup
so the laser energy would "cut" the desired structure
without blowing the passivation overcoat or harming other structures

so I have a guess/hunch that laser cutting of the metal film
on plastic substrate would be possible, but economically
feasible only if someone had already invested in the
necessary equipment and technique development...
once there, doing a short run should be easy.

--
...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break