[SML] STM32 controller boards

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Aug 10 17:52:58 UTC 2017

Since eBay and other places are currently flooded with STM32
evaluation/demo boards in the $2-$3 range I figured I'd look into them
for quick projects where I'm not doing a dedicated PC board.

Well, aside from a small pain getting started programming them bare
metal (their documentation could be better) I got a surprise...the
STM32F0xx and STM32F1xx lines do NOT have comparators.  They have 12 bit
AD converters and they have digital comparators on the output of the
converter (what, you can't compare numbers in software?) but no voltage
comparators.  Odd since that's so simple once you have the AD hardware.

Well *grump*. Have to hang a comparator chip off the board, means a trip
into the "junk box".

Wish I could still get the Zero boards with NXP processors, they were
nice and low cost.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com