[SML] LED work lights recommendation wanted

Jeffrey Kanyuck JKanyuck at Harford.edu
Fri Aug 11 15:30:23 UTC 2017

Hello,
    I have recently ordered four of the Altman LED work lights and am using them currently. You can order them in two different Kelvin ratings (3K and 5K). And if you want to get pickier you can add some color correction. They do NOT require DMX. They are an on/off fixture (at least the ones I got). I didn't even check to see if they make them dimmable since it wasn't what I needed. They are 130W.
    I replaced four 1K altman cyc lights so I can put them back into usable inventory, and they work great, I like the large spread of the lights too. I can work anywhere on the stage and not be in the dark.

Jeff Kanyuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Stagecraft [mailto:stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net] On Behalf Of Bill Nelson via Stagecraft
Subject: [SML] LED work lights recommendation wanted

Our community theatre currently has two 1000 watt Fresnels mounted FOH for use as work lights. They are used as floods. Because of the difficulty in getting to FOH lights to change burned out lamps, management is considering replacing them with LED worklights.
They must be able to be mounted via a standard pipe clamp and have a line cord. A color temperature similar to tungsten halogen lamps would be preferable, probably not above 4000 K and with a decent CRE.
The lights are controlled by an on/off switch, so dimming capability is unnecessary.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Bill