[SML] Strand Premiere Parts up for grabs

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Aug 24 17:06:30 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone:

We're just finishing replacing 3 separate Strand Premiere systems from 1997 with a different control system.  Very happy with the installation process by Field Service.

1. Anyway, the upside is I've got LOTS of Premiere button stations (single, 8  button, LCD) as well as the disk drive units and power supplies.  Strand seems to (or "seemed" to) like screwing components to the back of the box, so I can't just send a rack-mount unit (unfortunately).

2. I also have a complete Premiere unit (wall mount box, processor, drive (I think, I would need to check)) purchased used as back-up in case of system failure before the upgrades were complete. (purchased used, but never been out of the box here)

3.  I have boxes of Maxell 3.5"  floppy disks used for the Premiere and the old LBX strand desk we used to use.  4 boxes of 10 disks, brand new, never opened.  Double Sided / Double Density.

Also a bunch (more than 20) of used DSDD floppies.

Any takers?

I'm willing to take something in trade (a box of bulbs or some gobos) for the used Strand components and floppy disks.  I think the full Strand processor kit should have a price, but I don't know what it is.  Make me an offer.

Thanks very much everyone.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
6265 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>
[UBC E-mail Signature]