[SML] Backup

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Tue Dec 5 23:03:15 UTC 2017

Bill Conner via Stagecraft wrote:
> Crash Plan was recommended here as a great back up program.  It has
> seemed very good, never having a need for recovery, so thanks to
> whomever recommended it. But they are discontinuing the "home" account
> and the business level us a little pricey for one individual IMHO.  So,
> anyone found another good service?

I'm looking at their recommended substitute (Carbonite); I don't have a
lot of faith that a company abandoning its consumer-level product will
continue to support its business-level product. There's plenty of time
to research substitute services, since Crash Plan won't pull the plug
until October 2018.

I also have my critical data (mostly photographs) backed up on a pair of
high-capacity external drives, but am a big fan of multiple, redundant
backups.

--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org