[SML] Looking to build a dowser for an office projector, simple and cheap

Timothy Nielsen tdnielsen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 04:54:14 UTC 2017

Chris Rybitski, the shop foreman here at UVA, has built a version running
an arduino to decode DMX signal to control a small servo that rotates a
flag into position.  I believe he will be showing it at USITT this year,
and he has some documentation on his site here.
http://rybitski.com/projects/dmx-dowser/

Fairly inexpensive and handles DMX.  His version is quite elegant in a nice
enclosure, but a homebrew version could be pretty basic.

I've used the CD tray method in the past-  one of the harder steps is
locating a cd drawer in working condition these days....

-Tim