[SML] Folding chair rental questions--

Ben Hain Ben.Hain at rctc.edu
Thu Feb 16 15:52:38 UTC 2017

Hi-

On my campus, we're in planning meetings for spring commencement and one of the issues is finding good quality folding chairs in volumes of about 1200 chairs.

The local rental place has the regular, cheap, metal tubing, plastic seat folding chair. And last year one collapsed under a guest. So we're trying to be extra cautious this year.

Anything nicer than the cheap folding chair becomes expensive when looking at 1200 of them.

I'm curious what other venues do in this situation?
Do you own your own chairs?
Where do you rent from?
Do you budget for the cost of the nicer chairs or go with the cheap ones?

Being in Rochester MN, we don't have many local options; shipping may be involved as well.

Thanks for offering opinions-

Benjamin Hain

Hill Theater
Technical Diretor
Rochester Community and Technical College
851 30th Ave SE
Rochester, MN 55904

507-259-3570 mobile
507-285-7201 office