[SML] Folding chair rental questions--

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:22:35 UTC 2017

I've been lucky enough to borrow 1000 chairs from a local SoCal cemetery
known for it's celebrity funerals and other events. [Not the same cemetery
that shows films on an adjacent soundstage exterior wall]
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 8:22 AM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> We have a stock of nice folding chairs for campus events, but we have to
> rent for commencement.  In addition to the large ceremony in the stadium,
> we have secondary ceremonies for colleges and departments in large tents on
> our campus green.
>
> We do use the regular plastic chair in the stadium and under the tents.
> While I'm only involved in the tent ceremonies, I haven't heard of any
> issues with collapses.
>
> Steve L.
>
> On 2/16/17 10:52 AM, Ben Hain via Stagecraft wrote:
>
>> Hi—
>>

>> On my campus, we’re in planning meetings for spring commencement and one
>> of the issues is finding good quality folding chairs in volumes of about
>> 1200 chairs.
>>

>> The local rental place has the regular, cheap, metal tubing, plastic
>> seat folding chair. And last year one collapsed under a guest. So we’re
>> trying to be extra cautious this year.
>>

>> Anything nicer than the cheap folding chair becomes expensive when
>> looking at 1200 of them.
>>

>> I’m curious what other venues do in this situation?
>>
>> Do you own your own chairs?
>>
>> Where do you rent from?
>>
>> Do you budget for the cost of the nicer chairs or go with the cheap ones?
>>

>> Being in Rochester MN, we don’t have many local options; shipping may be
>> involved as well.
>>

>> Thanks for offering opinions—
>>

>> Benjamin Hain
>>

>> Hill Theater
>>
>> Technical Diretor
>>
>> Rochester Community and Technical College
>>
>> 851 30^th Ave SE
>>
>> Rochester, MN 55904
>>

>> 507-259-3570 mobile
>>
>> 507-285-7201 office

> Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
> litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall
> 302/831-0601                University of Delaware

/s/ Richard
_________