[SML] camera question

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sat Feb 25 01:12:24 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 4:54 PM, Paul Schreiner via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Coming out of the shadows for a bit (more on that later) as it's
> grant-writing time, and I'm looking for a camera.  Specifically, in a
> perfect world, it'd be a videocamera that could, simultaneously, take
> an IR feed of the stage and send that to stage management, and a
> full-spectrum feed to be sent to a lobby monitor.  Does such a beast
> exist?  Or will I need to try to find a way to get a second camera?

I'd be interested in hearing of such a beast as well, but I have
cameras that switch to IR when the light levels get low... so my PSM
gets full colo(u)r, then flips to b/w IR illuminated when there's a
blackout.  Might be creepy for the lobby, to see stage goblins with
glowing eyes lurking in the shadows.....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com