[SML] Ticket printing

Carl Underwood carleton50 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:34:54 UTC 2017

We have been using Tix.com for about 13 years very successfully. They do
require the investment or rental of a ticket printer such as one made by
Boca
​ that speaks the FGL or similar page description languages.​
​

​According to their web site, you can also use a Dymo printer as follows:

Using a Dymo LabelWriter450/turbo for Ticket Printing

Using the Dymo LabelWriter with Tix is simple.

Before you can use the Dymo LabelWriter with Tix, it must be installed on
your computer.
The Dymo website has more information on the installation procedures.
http://www.dymo.com/en-US/labelwriter-450-label-printer

For ticket printing, we recommend using  *30374 Business/Appointment Cards,
White, 2" x 3 1/2. *

Contact your Tix Account Manager to request that a DYMO ticket format be
added to your account

Printing with the Dymo  is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer,
Mozilla FireFox and Google Chrome.

Below are the recommended settings to allow for proper printing.

Google Chrome
settings located under *"More Settings" *on the "Print" screen
Layout: Landscape
Paper Size: 30374 Appointment Card
Margins: None

Internet Explorer
settings located under "Page Setup" on the settings menu
Layout:  Landscape
Paper Size:  30374 Appointment Card
Margins:   .1
All Headers & Footers set to empty
FireFox
settings located under "Page Setup" on the print menu
Layout: Landscape
Paper Size: 30374 Appointment Card
Margins: .1
All Headers & Footers set to empty ​