[SML] Sorting screws automatically?

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 20 18:06:49 UTC 2017

Here is a video of a commercial unit using a "vibratory bowl" to help pack and count screws. It does not sort, but once they are orderly, they can easily be sorted.  But, as I said before, if it is too complex and expensive, the benefit is lost. The cheapest E-bay unit I saw (without the necessary stuff to sort wood screws) is around $200.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfAY5no8_mA

Then, I found some youtube home-made jobs.  These seem more practical for us.  Though, they are not the type to just accept a large dump of screws from the coffee tin (do they still sell coffee that way?).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnoKHHNhiiQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cC9ShsK6qI

Finally, this gentleman has made a rougher-hack, but he goes into detail about each piece and how it works.  Got to the 13minute mark for the real explanation about the size sorting.  Alas, like the others, it does not accept a large dump of screws.  I wonder if there is an easy way to more gradually feed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA69V4txt-M

-Joe