[SML] On-Off relay...

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sat Jan 21 17:09:24 UTC 2017

...or is an Off-On relay?

We have a repeat-cycle relay (DH48S-S) that runs a water pump on a
preset on-off cycle.  Yesterday it stopped working so I grabbed the
spare and swapped it out, being sure to copy the settings from the old
one to the new.  Turned on the power and the display started counting so
all is well.

Until too-early today I noticed the pump was running way too much.  Upon
investigation it turns out the new relay has you enter the times in
reverse order.  On the old one the left number was time off and the
right number was time on.  On the new one the time off is on the right.

When people clone stuff, the least they can do is not swap the controls
around!

In other news, opening up the old one didn't show any obvious blown
parts.  In testing it turns out the transformer is open.  That's unusual
for one that hasn't overheated (barely gets warm in use).  If I bypass
the transformer I now have a working relay for 12VDC instead of 120VAC.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com