[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

Charlie Richmond charlie.rsd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:34:44 UTC 2017

Dear Chip - I so completely understand and agree with where you (and many
others) are on this that I have nothing to add as you can imagine but I
certainly don't want to ban you from the list nor do I personally think
this is inappropriate.  Actually, the nature of the internet has changed
now, I think, and lists such as these, which are a dying breed in fact need
to start being more activated because all the other places where people
communicate certainly are now.  This is technically social media and that
has changed tremendously in the 23 years or so that it has now existed.
But more than anything else, the forces of darkeness are pushing the light
out and we need to resist that!!

Charlie

On Sat, Jan 21, 2017 at 3:25 PM, Chip Wood via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Two things happened in early Nov.  My oldest dearest friend died and T----
> got elected.  So I don't have my buddy anymore to talk that over.  I am
> feeling scared and lonely.  We have very lightly tiptoed around politics on
> the list, but I am finally going to post this, since nothing seems to have
> changed.
>
> If you don't want to read anymore, here is a good place to stop.  The rest
> will be highly biased.  If any of you wants me banned from this list, so be
> it , I'll be gone forever.
>
> Way too many similarities to 1933 in Germany even to the coziness to the
> Russians (Putin, Stalin) before Russia was invaded.  Putting Bannon,
> Sessions,  and others of their ilk as close advisors is way too similar to
> Himmler and Heinrich. Pence w/ his outspoken anti-LGBT  statements and
> Indiana state laws.  Mr. Bannon the chairman of Breitbart News
> <http://www.breitbart.com/> has for years given voice to anti-Semitic,
> racist and white nationalist ideology.  This scrid is not about tax policy,
> health care, or education – even though all those and more are so
> important. This is about racism, bigotry, intimidation esp of females,  and
> the specter of corruption and possible treason.
>
> My immediate family is a mix of Anglo, Jew, Black, and Native American. 3
> out of 4 makes us particularly antsy. Now pics w/ Trump signs on rail cars
> and Auschwitz are appearing on Twitter
>
> Trump throughout the course of his entire election, shifted blame to
> Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, and China for all our problems. Blame the other
> (Jews), then there’s no need to blame ourselves. Instill a sense of
> unabashed nationalism and people will uber enthusiastically follow the
> Fuhrer.  (Big Brother- 1984).  Within 3 months the Nazi-led Reichstag
> forced a bill through to give minority elected Chancellor Hitler unlimited
> power.  The rest is history.
>
> When the Munich tax office reminded Hitler in 1934 that he had never paid
> any income tax and now owed them more than 400,000 Reichsmarks, pressure
> was brought to bear and before long they had agreed to write off the whole
> sum and destroy all the files on Hitler’s tax affairs.
>
> The United States has much stronger institutions than Germany did in the
> 1930s, or Russia does today. Both Clinton and Obama in their speeches
> stressed the importance and strength of these institutions. The problem,
> however, is that many of these institutions are enshrined in political
> culture rather than in law, and all of them—including the ones enshrined in
> law—depend on the good faith of all actors to fulfill their purpose and
> uphold the Constitution.
>
> As George Santayana wrote (The Life of Reason, 1905): “Those who cannot
> remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”  Thanks --  Bill Conner
>
> Heil 2017!
>
> Chip 1

* Charlie Richmond - http://www.RichmondSoundDesign.com
<http://www.richmondsounddesign.com/>
* Viber: +16047159441 Skype, LinkedIn & Twitter: charlierichmond
* facebook: charlie.richmond
* facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Richmond-Sound-Design-Ltd/130195960832>
* google.com/+CharlieRichmond google.com/+Richmondsounddesign