[SML] WAY, WAY, WAY O.T. : Death and Politics

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 18:42:21 UTC 2017

Look,

You all know I've LONG been the proponent of the Mail List-as-Tavern
analogy here; that we gather here because of our mutual passion for the
performing arts... Right? But that, much like how in a biker bar, not all
conversations are about bikes, not every chat here necessarily revolves
around theatre craft...  I stand by that analogy, firmly.

BUT...

I also believe even more yfirmly there are some topics you Just Don't
Broach In Public.  You all know in my recreational hours I'm a devotee of
the competitive shooting sports, but I don't talk about guns here, out of
respect for others who have strong feelings on the topic. The two main
hot-button topics are Politics and Religion. LONG ago we all agreed those
topics DO NOT BELONG HERE.

Much as I may respect Chip and appreciate his post, the fact that Chip had
to preface his post with "Way, way, way OT" should be a prime indicator
that it shouldn't have been posted here. We aren't talking censorship;
we're talking common courtesy.

Y'all wanna fight about politics? I'd appreciate it if you'd move the
"discussion" over to MyFaceTubeSpaceBookThing. I'm just trying to run a
quiet little tavern here, and not have the glassware get all smashed up
every night...

[*retreating behind sinks*]
Now, I've got work to do. Y'all play nice now. Holler if you need a
cocktail or something; I'll be here cleaning pint glasses....

--
Dave Vick 517-749-3859 Sent from my Electronic Euphemism