[SML] it's quiet... too quiet.

June Abernathy jea00321 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 20:35:08 UTC 2017

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 22, 2017, at 2:00 PM, DickA wrote:
>
> Newly-Configured Production? of Lion King  advertised at the Landmark opening Oct 26 2017?..
>
> So do you suppose Disney said  to the design team?make it wonderful  ?.then  issued the real design parameters of make it look the same but fit it in 5?  (4?3? 2?)  Trucks????
>
> DickA

We're at 18 Trucks right now, so although I'm sure the Powers That Be would like to pare that down a little bit, I think we'll still end up comfortably in the double digits.

The show is probably not going to lose a lot of physical size - in fact, most of us are VERY nervous about fitting into the Landmark Theater. This rebuild is largely about modernizing the equipment and materials. In electrics land, it means getting rid of 15 year old dimmer doublers, MR16 mini strips, and similar outdated gear to switch to more LED, more modern moving
Lights, and a more efficient power structure. Other departments are getting similarly overhauled with fresh pieces built with more modern materials and approaches.

While I'd love to see people and get tours of toys and such together, the reality is that a lot of our stay will mean working pretty much 8am to Midnight daily as we gather all of our designers, directors, and Production team together to build and tech this thing. It's going to be a job to find time to shower, much less do anything fun. I'm hoping, once the show is officially opened, to have a little more time to breathe. I will keep you all posted.

June