[SML] FCC Stuff/Mic System Upgrade

E R Casey ercasey at espsound.com
Fri Jul 28 14:00:58 UTC 2017

There is no direct connection between digital wireless mics and operating in the wifi frequency bands unless you choose wireless systems that operate there.  Most don’t.  Shure has a good selection of mics in the ULX-D models that run in frequency bands that will work in the upcoming FCC regime and being digital can pack more mic channels into a given bandwidth.  They also have gotten more clever about rechargeable batteries and having the mic receivers pass along useful info like battery levels directly to the display of digital consoles that are set up to talk the talk.

E. R. Casey

Entertainment Sound Production
2311 Kansas Ave.
Silver Spring MD 20910