[SML] Teaching Position Austin, TX

David Tolin davidtolin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 05:41:39 UTC 2017

Help get the word out. I have been in this position for the last 7 years (I
took a new position). It reads as "High School Technical Theatre Teacher",
but the program and school are stellar and definitely unique. There are
about 125 students in the Technical Theatre Program and the school is in
Austin, TX. More info on the program at www.whstec.com. They are looking
for someone with a solid background in scene design and construction. When
I was hired, I started with a probationary teacher certification and worked
on obtaining my teacher certification the first year so don't let that
requirement scare you away.

Technical Director/Technical Theatre Teacher
Westlake High School, Eanes ISD; Austin, TX
Under the supervision of, and in conjunction with the Managing Director of
the Westlake Community Performing Arts Center, develop and manage the
overall Technical Theatre Program for the campus. Provide students with the
opportunity to participate in extracurricular technical theatre activities
and ensure compliance with all district, state, and University
Interscholastic League (UIL) requirements. Provide technical support for
all events taking place in the Performing Arts Center and the Black Box
Theatre. Design and construct all theatrical scenery for the Performing
Arts Center and Black Box Theatre. Supervise students during all events,
ensuring the safest environment and highest level of technical production.

Job Posting Here:
https://skywebfin.eanesisd.net/scripts/wsisa.dll/WService=wsFin/rapplmnu03.w

Let me know if you have any questions about the position.
davidtolin at gmail.com

David Tolin
Austin, TX