[SML] Black light for proscenium use....

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Wed Jun 7 04:43:49 UTC 2017

Last time I did black light for a dance performance, I used a single DMX
cannon to wash the full stage. I had a simple cardboard shutter that was left
in place until time for the UV cue, then a tech pulled the string to remove
the shutter.

At the end of the piece, I simply shut down the cannon via DMX.

If I were to do so these days, I have a DMX shutter designed for blocking a
video projector beam. But it is strong enough that I could tape a large
cardboard flag to it. This would allow multiple scenes of UV, since the cannon
could remain on until after the last UV cue.

Bill