[SML] Black light for proscenium use....

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Jun 7 23:20:55 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Joe via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I know that there are plenty of LED units that output true UV nowadays.
>
> But, be aware that many UV lights (especially cheap, or older versions) that
> use LED sources really don't output true UV light.  Rather, they put out an
> almost UV light, which is blue enough that it does cause things to
> fluoresce. However, they really are just a very deep blue, and the light is
> quite visible on stage.

It looks like the dance company will be going with renting a couple of
UB COB Cannons (ADJ) - that's what the rental shop has. I took a look
at them in the shop - I think it will work.  According to the cut
sheet, it's at 395-405nm, which is still UV, with some visible light.
I'm sure it will work fine for this gig.  Would love to have
Wildfires, but this should do.

Thanks for all the suggestions, heads-ups, and all that!

  - Jon

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com