[SML] Problem with I-Que on Element Desk

James D Smith, RC4 Wireless jds at theatrewireless.com
Wed Jun 21 16:15:28 UTC 2017

Hey Chad,

My guess is that some devices are not properly parsing the DMX packet
start code.  For DMX channels the start code must be zero.  A different
start code is used for RDM packets, and just about all the other start
codes (there are only 255, it's an 8-bit number) have been registered to
various manufacturers for their own proprietary uses or have been
permanently reserved.

And my guess about varying behavior with multiple units that are the
same make/model, is different firmware versions.

Jim

James David Smith
RC4 Wireless / Soundsculpture Incorporated
<http://www.theatrewireless.com/>