[SML] Dutch manning Flats

John Taylor jt at techie.com
Wed Mar 1 22:26:52 UTC 2017

Greetings Listers,

What are you using these days for dutch manning flats? We use to use
book binding tape. We would cut to size and dip in the water bucket put
it on, let dry and paint. Great results. Come strike time, tape peels
right off and all done nice and clean.

Somewhere along the way over the last few years, they started use all
other sorts of tape with very mixed to poor results. Recently the
painters started using Gaff tape but that is just to expensive. I just
Googled the book tape and there are many choices. So I wanted to see
what others are using.

We are a community theatre and while we have great record keeping I can
not find the company or type of book tape we use to use.

Many thanks,

John 'JT' Taylor
Kirkwood Theatre Guild
St Louis, MO