[SML] soda siphon water bottle

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:45:51 UTC 2017

Just closing the loop on this:

We used an off-the-shelf  seltzer spray "siphon" bottle
 (oldish one which somebody had, made out of mostly aluminum);
I had to add a dip tube which was missing.
This was charged with little CO-2 cartridges.

We purchased bottles of straight unflavored seltzer water at the local
supermarket.
( listed ingredients = only H2O and CO2 )
Kept the emptied siphon bottle, and the bottle of soda water, in the
refrigerator overnight.

At intermission, poured soda water into the siphon, about half-filling it,
then screwed on the CO2 cartridge holder...
rapidly, to avoid dumping too much of the gas before it sealed,
and with gloves, because the expanding CO2 chilled everything.

Gag ran early in Act 2, so the rig was exposed to room temp for ~ 15-20
minutes.

Got a pretty strong & visible stream, used several "squirts" and had plenty
left.

Audience was duly impressed.

Thanks for all the help here.  Another SML success.

--
...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break