[SML] Butt board schematic

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 23:46:44 UTC 2017

My tech table is a sheet of 1/2 plywood, rests on seat backs,
up-house edge contoured to match curvature of the row of seats.

Butt board is a maybe 10' 2x6, rests on seat arms.
has blocks on the down-house edge near ends
that fit between seat arms to hold it L-R,
a rope from one of those, goes behind the row of seats,
to the other one, cinch that up to keep it firmly back onto the seats,
and a 2x4 leg in the middle where it is out in front of the curve.

Not pretty, but real quick & easy to set up & strike & store.
I like the ideas of padding the bottom to protect seat arms,
and padding the top to avoid complaints about tender butts.

Thanks for naming this.

--
...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break