[SML] Focus tape making....

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 15 15:22:18 UTC 2017

>> Rolls of 48 inch brown “butcher’s” paper, but that was with the overheads flown in.  The front of house is just obvious and known.  Which is good, since the beam would never fit on anything useable (paper wise).
>

> Butcher paper... good idea.   The ones I used were only maybe a foot
> wide, but butcher paper could do it nicely.

Years ago, in a rotating rep situation, we used 48” brown kraft paper.  Worked okay but could use something stronger….we had some tears along the ends..  White uncoated butchers paper sounds good although I’ve only seen it 36”wide.

One problem in rotating rep was  :   It made lighting refocus go much faster but the carps had to “sit and wait” while the light  crew did focus before carps  could reset the next show thus making for a much longer change over for carp  crew.    We tried an upstage /downstage split but never really enough space where we were so the carps just waited.