[SML] dimmer alternative for Rosco LitePad H090

June Abernathy JEA00321 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 19 15:38:13 UTC 2017

> On Mar 19, 2017, at 5:08 AM, Andy Gutshall wrote:
>
> Has anyone on the list found an alternative dimming option for the
> Rosco H090 LitePads.  I am doing a production of Titanic and the
> scenic designer wants lit portholes.  I have 10 6"x 6" LitePads for
> this but they are to bright and I need to dim them.  The ones Rosco
> sells are too expensive for what I have left in the budget.  I would
> like to control them through my ION.  I would appreciate any ideas.

If you are just looking to knock their intensity down a little rather than looking for a way to dim them up and down in cues, then I agree with Kristi - put a piece of Neutral Density gel in front of them, which comes in a variety of darknesses, or you can double them up. Or, a piece of scrim material or screen. If they are really bright, you might try a piece of cheap white (or light blue) shower curtain.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
Disney’s The Lion King Tour