[SML] Thatched roof, upside-down cow

Randy Storms randy.storms at mountbakertheatre.com
Wed Mar 29 19:33:39 UTC 2017

"Fools" by Neil Simon is on our short list for next year, and I'm looking ahead to some design challenges.  The play is set in a remote Ukranian village circa 1890, and the casual research I've done tells me I'll be simulating some thatched roofs - anyone have a good technique for this?  Also, there's a short bit of schtick wherein a farmer pulls a cow, *upside down*, across the stage.  (apparently that's how you get the cream to rise to the top..). I know I could do this with a 2-d plywood cutout, but I'd much rather attempt something realistic.  Ideas?