[SML] Intercom Options

Alf Sauve' alf at sauve.org
Thu May 4 13:33:03 UTC 2017

Ethercon cables, but as tech dept wrote are they setup for that
connector on the belt pack?

I can't imagine using typical CAT-x cables for anything as physically
abused as a belt pack cable.  My users would probable have multiple
failures each show.

Another thought:  Are they just using CAT-5/6 cabling to carry audio,
power and DC signals because it's convenient and readily available?  As
opposed to a higher frequency carrier or IP protocol.  Then it doesn't
actually have to be CAT-x specs, just 8 wires.